Monday, May 18, 2020

Technical Difficulties

While I have never adhered to a strict schedule for this blog, I have (for many years now) tried to make four entries a month (spaced out to average about once a week) with a fifth bonus picture set at the end.  Unfortunately, due to a catastrophic computer breakdown, I was not able to maintain that unofficial plan for May, 2020.  In my defense, I swapped out the graphics card, power supply and ram in an attempt to nurse my aging rig back to some semblance of functionality.  Sadly, it was not to be...So, I ordered a new PC.  It took a while to arrive though due to ongoing pandemic induced supply problems.  That's the bad news.

The good news is my new computer arrived and seems to be running smoothly, so (moving forward) this blog should go back to business as usual.  I'm currently organizing my thoughts on Snowrunner and I'm excitedly anticipating the release of Last of Us part 2, as well as Ghosts of Tsushima.  On the side, I've also been playing some Astroneer and Alien: Isolation.  They both look really good on this new rig I got despite it being a fairly bargain bin machine by computer gaming standards.

Anyway...that's all for my special update.  Everyone take care out there!  2020 is proving to be a rough year in way more ways than I think most of us expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment