Saturday, March 27, 2021

The Reel Deal

There are plenty of movie adaptations of video game properties.  I find most aren't very enjoyable to watch, but I do have a soft spot for live-action parodies that mimic the games they are based on down to the minute and quirky details.  Over the years I've posted links to fan-made videos of everything from Streets of Rage to Final Fantasy VII, and even Prince of Persia.  This time though, I have an especially well made example of this weird little amateur film sub-genre.  It's primarily Resident Evil (or Biohazard as it is known as in Japan), but there are elements of GTA, MGS and the Yakuza franchises mixed in.  If you ask me, I think there's a little bit of Forbidden Siren mixed in as well.  Regardless, I should also mention this six part mini-series is entirely in Japanese so for those who don't know the language please make use of the English subtitles.  






No comments:

Post a Comment