Friday, July 22, 2022

Video Game Commentary without Context

(The following is a select list of quotes lifted from a forum thread on RPG.net)

"She's having a thought. That's like a headache but with pictures."

"It's been fifteen minutes; I need new stabbies, dammit!"

"How am I supposed to head-shot you if you ain't got no head, son?"

"I'm the Bob Ross of 4X games, you guys."

"Is it stupid if it works? Well, yeah, it's still stupid."

"I dunno, maybe bees like puns!"

"He died the way he lived: briefly."

"I don't trust anyone standing in the street screaming about monks."

"It's not healthy to get shot with this many arrows."

"I get killed by the soundtrack in this game more often than by hostile NPCs."

"Turns out the answer to this puzzle was brute force."

"She is our moral compass. We take her out occasionally and check how sad she is."

"Their computers look even more hostile than ours. I bet this runs Linux."

"Here's a thing to set on fire! Awesome!"

"Open up! Or I'll...er...wiggle my gun at you again."

"It's okay. You're naturally buoyant, as all dinosaurs are."

"I'm fine. It's just bones and organs. I have plenty of them."

"If nobody comes from the future to stop you [from] doing it, how bad can it be?"

"I only have three pilots, cause I fired one for being ugly."

"That's a big-ass arrow through my kidney."

"Oh my god, the fish! Oh, I feel bad. But also, I kind of want sushi now."

"Fuckin' dolphins keep stealing my concrete!"

"Oh shit that's thing's way bigger than my submarine. I'll have to fist-fight it."

"Hi. You mind if I use my cheese tactics on you as well?"

"Look at my horse: it goes so fast. Better than my crappy two little legs."

"Yeah, I'm about to stab you......Thoughts?"

"These things have no spines. I don't think I want to know how their biology works."

"Kneecaps are a PRIVILEGE!!!"

"Yeah, I'm not really sure about this whole using zombie guts as sausage casing thing."

"Well, who am I to argue with my brain?"

"I apologize in advance for the injury to your spleen."

"The best shooters are those where you can set yourself on fire to damage the enemy!"

"It's a Cthulhu-Dog!" *Bang* "Say hi to Yog-Sothoth and the Outer Gods for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment